Transportation services are available to all individuals with disabilities, local agencies and all Madison County residents. Our vehicles transport passengers to/from many different locations depending upon their needs. Our fleet currently consists of large capacity vans, mini-vans and buses. Many of our vehicles are wheelchair accessible with either ramps or hydraulic lifts. All drivers are First Aid and CPR trained. We provide transportation to a variety of agencies including Madison County Department of Job and Family Services, Veteran Services, and all local school districts.
Non-Medical Transportation: Assists a person with transportation to their day services, employment services, or places of employment. You have to be on a Waiver to be eligible for this service.
Vehicles used for this service must be equipped with
- secure storage space for removable equipment and passenger property;
- a communication system, that may include cellar communication, capable of two-way communication;
- and a fire extinguisher and emergency first-aid kit that are safely secured.
- On each day a vehicle is used to provide Non-Medical Transportation, the first driver of the vehicle shall conduct and document inspection and testing of the lights, windshield washer/wipers, emergency equipment, mirrors, horn, tires, and brakes prior to transporting a person.
- Once every 12 months, the vehicle must be inspected by the Ohio State Highway Patrol Safety Inspection Unit or a certified mechanic and be determine to be in good working condition.
- Per-trip rate must be provided in
- a vehicle with a passenger capacity of nine or more that is not a modified vehicle
- or a modified vehicle that
- has permanent fasteners to secure wheelchairs to the floor or side of the vehicle to prevent wheelchair movement,
- has safety restraints in the vehicle for the purpose of restraining individuals in wheelchairs,
- is equipped with a stable access ramp specifically designed for wheelchairs or a hydraulic lift specifically designed for wheelchairs, and
- on each day the vehicle is used to provide Non-Medical Transportation, the first driver of the vehicle shall conduct and document inspection and testing of the wheelchair fasteners, restraints, and access ramp or hydraulic lift prior to transporting a person in a wheelchair.
- Per-mile rate shall be provided in a vehicle with a passenger capacity of eight or fewer that is not modified.